Dreams

Everybody has an untold story; They just need to find someone who will listen.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

September 11, 2012.
 
Today came and I tried not to think hard about what today really was.
I wore a black dress to school, to honor all those who lost their lives.
I treated today just like any other day.
Well I tried to.
 
This day breaks my heart.
I find myself sick to my stomach when I stop and think about it.
It's not something we Americans can comprehend.
even still to this day.
 
I don't understand.
I can't even express how I feel.
I am just so angry.
and confused.
I dont know how a person could do that.
How could this happen to America.
 
...to think somebody had intentions to run into those buildings... and actually kill people... I just don't understand.
I just can't even think too much about it, because then I get angry.
It makes me want to throw up.
That takes a lot of gut.
Alot of hate... to do something like that..
I dont understand how a person could actually bring themself to do such a thing...
 
It just doesn't make sense in my head.
 
 
 
Here is a painting I found online reflecting 9/11.
For art I had to do some research and I just read a couple things about this artist that broke my heart.
He claims that he started a painting of the World Trade Centers
and he had all the red flames and smoke in it.
once he finished this painting, he took a look at it.
and then destroyed it.
He said he couldn't stomach the way it looked.
It made him angry to look at.
So he started another painting, which is the one above.
He made it kind of smeary and smudgy
because he didn't want to remember what the burning down trade centers looked like.
because that's not what we should dwell on.
When we look back on this horrible tragedy that occurred September 11, 2001
we should remember all those who lost their lives.
All those poor children who's daddy didn't come home from work that day...
 
We, as americans, should always treat this day with respect.
and remember all those who lost their lives.
My heart and prayers go out to anyone who was affected by this dreadful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment